1) Something you can do immediately: Click here for 3 quick actions you can take right now to help stop the abuses in the prison at Waupun
2) Join us for our next ACTION:
Wednesday, August 20
9:30 am – 1:00 pm
St. Benedict Catholic Church, 1015 N. 9th Street, Milwaukee
Use the parking garage at 9th and State Street
- Gather to get ourselves organized, to meet each other, and to plan for the day.
- Press Conference in front of the Secure Detention Facility (right next door) where most people who are picked up on parole violations in Milwaukee County are taken
- Process about 3 blocks to the State of Wisconsin building, where the Governor has his Milwaukee office, to deliver our concerns.
- Back to St. Ben’s for lunch, to de-brief, and to talk about what happens next.
- Done by 1:00 pm.
3) Join one of our Task Forces. Find the WISDOM organization in your area.
4) Write to Governor Walker to express your concerns. It doesn’t have to be long or clever. Just put him on notice that you want him to take responsibility.
5) Write a Letter to the Editor of your local paper.
6) Pray for our brothers and sisters behind the bars and their families. Pray for wisdom and courage for us as we work to correct the system. Pray for all who work in Wisconsin’s criminal justice system. Pray especially for the decision makers that they take responsibility and be accountable to the people of Wisconsin.